Friday, September 17, 2010

(my 2 cents on)Despicable Me


I'm just amazed that this movie has its own song from hip-hop artist Pharrell Williams. Pretty cool!

Well Despicable Me really is not that despicable(like what Daffy Duck always says). It's actually a touching movie that centers on a "change-of-heart" theme, believe it or not. Well I saw that theme comin' a long time ago, ever since I saw in the movie trailer that he was adopting the kids. I instantly thought, "Oh, from criminal mastermind to kind-hearted dad. Yeah right, I know the drill".

I didn't expect that I was gonna be in for more. Laughs that is. Steve Carell is really amazing when it comes to voicing characters. There really is no hint of Steve Carell in Gru's voice because he did something to it. I believe it was the accent, added with some gruffiness.

Jason Segel(of How I Met Your Mother fame) also did a pretty good job voicing Vector. And so did Russell Brand, who did Dr. Nefario(the funny old scientist who did "Boogie" instead of "Cookie" robots). In all fairness, the Boogie Robots were a hit! I guess it was The Bee Gees that they were boogeying(did I spell that right? sounds like golf) to.

And I had a funny feeling that Gru's mom was being voiced-over by someone also famous. And I was right. I saw Julie Andrews in the credits.

With Miranda Cosgrove's hotness, she should've done a sexier character and not a kid!

I loved Agnes! She's now officially the cutest CGI kid(sorry kid from Monsters Inc). "It's so fluffy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment