Monday, December 27, 2010

Gin Blossoms(Live in Manila)

This was the shizznit! A lot of shit happened last Thursday. I'm so fockin' busy that I only got to write about this shit just now.

I was actually late for the event. It was slated for 8PM, but it was almost 9 when I arrived. I was supposed to meet up with my bro GP and his girlfriend She. But instead, I ended up with my other friends who I was with when I watched Toto(namely Al and Emil, plus Al's wife, Robby and some other girls that I just met, namely Zai and She[again!]).

When I arrived, it was the last song of the Australian band Fahrenheit 43(who I got to take a picture of outside their tour bus before they left). Technically, I didn't give a fuck about the front acts. But I now respect Fahrenheit 43 because their guitarist was so polite and humble, and their vocalist was so hot!

I'm just sizzlin' beside the vocalist right here.


Now when Gin Blossoms were setting up onstage, we guys were guessing as to what song was gonna be played first. We were damn sure that it wouldn't be comin' from their new album No Chocolate Cake, so we guessed some classics like Allison Road and the ever-popular Hey Jealousy. But our friend Robby got it right. It was Follow You Down.

They of course played songs from their new album(just like GP predicted), but it was just like 3 or 4 songs(plus a cover, I forgot). My favorite among their new songs that caused earworms was Ms. Disarray(doesn't look like I spelled that right).

I was still high after the concert. Little did I know that the night was just gonna get more interesting after I stepped out of the concert.

What happened was that Al's car was parked just outside the entrance/exit of rockstars/basketball players comin' to from the Araneta Coliseum. Now before we hopped onto the car, I saw Fahrenheit 43 just about to get into their tour bus, so i quickly did a snapshot with 2 of the band members. For some reason, another fan ruined the pic by joining in when it was I who grabbed Fahrenheit 43's attention(check out pic above, guy to the extreme right, that's the fucker!).

Then the cherry on top for the night happened. Just as we were driving out of the parking lot, there he was, Rob Wilson(Gin Blossom's vocalist) himself, running with his wife and some handlers. They were like in that Paul McCarnney song "Band On The Run". They were literally running. Too bad for 'em some stalkers have already taken their posts outside the gates, and we also saw him so we jumped out of the car and swarmed the poor guy.

Blurry pics really don't do any justice.

I was one of the lucky few who grabbed a quick snapshot with the rockstar. Now that my life is complete(I got to brush shoulders with an international rock star), I can now rest in peace.

This was the vehicle that the Gin Blossom God hopped into.

No comments:

Post a Comment