Saturday, May 8, 2010

Working Girls (post-movie afterthoughts)


Honestly, I don't even remember the original Working Girls movie (with Rio Locsin, Carmi Martin, Gina Pareno, and some other hag). Nonetheless, I could relate very easily to this modern version.

It looked like this modern version was just a waste, but people like me have learned to appreciate the li'l things.

Like comedy for instance. I was laughing out loud most of the time at Eugene Domingo and Antonio Aquitania's antics. Eugene kept mentioning that his kids were studying "At the Ateneo..". As an Atenean, I find that funny because I can fuckin' relate all too well. My parents also had a hard time (and I salute them) lettin' us study in that exclusive school. I won;t be the man that I am today if it wasn't for that top-flite Jesuit education.

I didn't know that Ricky Davao also had funny fluids runnin' in his system. I thought before when I was a kid that he was evil because of his roles in film and TV. But he clearly made me laugh on this one. I am easy too please anyway, hence the laughter.

Lots of hot girls runnin' loose in this film. If you consider Ruffa Gutierrez hot, then count her as a hottie in this film.Carmi Martin is still hot though. As far as I can remember, her face still remains the same! I've been watching her since I was like 5 years old or somethin'. Must be the botox.

Eula Valdez is still spankin'! At 40-somethin' years of age, she still looks like she's 28 or somethin'. Definitely cougar material!

Jennylyn Mercado and Carlo Aquino looked like the prototypical call center agents who flirt around each other even if they have a kid (Jennylyn Mercado) or they are in a relationship (Carlo Aquino). But still, Jennylyn could still cut it as a hot mom. It's her glasses that made her look dorky, and not in a hot and Tina Fey-esque kinda' way.

Cristine Reyes played the role of Carlo Aquino's slutty girlfriend who went out with rich and powerful men. I remembered having a girlfriend like this before. And take note, I was the same midnight-shifty agent that Carlo was in this movie. So I was really able to relate in that aspect.

Katya Santos played the "kabet" (mistress) roommate of Cristine. She still is hot and I'd bang those boobs any fuckin' time of day!

Andrea Del Rosario looked like a fish. She was just sexy before that was why she could cut it as hot. But you also have to bank on face value if you wanna' last in the showbiz industry.

Iza Calzado was just plain old Iza Calzado to me. You could actually cut out Calzado's part, as well as Jao Mapa's (he played Iza's ex) and it wouldn't make any difference!

Mylene Dizon is on her way to manang-hood. She looks a lot older. LJ Moreno looked hotter than her IMHO.

I loved Cherie Gil's English accent. Seems more polished than her "You're nothing but a second rate, trying hard, copycat!"

Bianca King seems like a smart girl to me. I thought that she was just an airhead like Marian (as you know, beauty is usually inversely proportional to brains). Seems like she's more articulate than I give her credit for. Plus the fact that she's hot, brings an added plus. Good for Champ! Go get 'em tiger!

If there's an actor/actress who I forgot to mention, no apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment