Saturday, May 15, 2010

Robin Hood (post-movie rant)


When someone (I forgot if it was the sheriff or King John) in the movie mentioned “Robin of the hood…”, did he mean that Robin Longstride was from the hood? As in “The” hood? Like an inner-city thang? Hahaha! Just messin’!

Ok, first off, how does Cate Blanchett manage to reverse the aging process? It seems like she has the “Benjamin Button Syndrome” wherein she looks younger and younger as she grows older. Man she even seemed hot to me! Though I didn’t really consider her hot before. Switching Siena Miller for Cate Blanchett didn’t seem like a bad idea after all. It was said that Siena was too skinny for Russell Crowe. But I really wouldn’t mind.

Russell Crowe didn’t look like a Jerkus Maximus on this one. However, he looked like a gladiator still. I guess it has somethin’ to do with that middle-aged body-type or somethin’.

Out of the 4 “main” Merry Men (and that includes Friar Tuck[Mark Addy]) that I noticed in this flick, only 3 of them looked familiar. As I’ve said, the fat friar, Scott Grimes (that guy that played Malarkey in Band Of Brothers) as Will Scarlet who is Robin’s nephew, and Kevin Durand (not the Durantula from the NBA, that other angel dude that battled Paul Bettany in Legion)as Little John.

Sir Godfrey (Mark Strong) also looked familiar for he is the same guy that played the bad guy in Kick-Ass, Archy in RocknRolla, and Lord Henry Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes. I actually cheered when Robin Hood, blood drippin’ from his eyes and all, did a successful head shot as Sir Godfrey was tryin’ to escape.

The person that played King John (Oscar Isaac) was pretty good. Not only he, but the other barons and dukes were also launching spittle while arguing about somethin’ that he was burning towards the end of the flick. The reason why he looked familiar was that he was the dude that played the interpreter in Che.

My take on this is that I think it was another perfect example of a film adaptation. They don’t care if they follw the story by the book (no pun intended). They alter a lot of things, and truthfully, I really don’t give a damn. As long as I am satisfied with what’s happenin’, then it’s all good. Nothin’s real in a movie anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment