Sunday, August 9, 2009

UFC 101[post-fight analysis]

Well for starters, the Dentist-Batman fight wasn't fiery enough. I expected more TNT but all Pellegrino did was just "blanket" the Dentist and really didn't do any significant damage. That's why Neer seemed so disgusted with himself when the final bell rang.

I didn't care much about the next couple of fights[though the Roop-Sotiropoulos fight entertained me a bit], except for the co-main events. And it didn't disappoint. Some naysayers were sayin' that Griffin will give Anderson a run for his money. Well all I saw was Forrest running to his locker room after the massacre. Anderson Silva's striking was really a thing of beauty. No words could describe it. If Anderson Silva is often said as the Michael Jordan of MMA, for me Anderson is the Neo to the UFC's Matrix!

For the Penn-Florian fight, I wasn't expectin' anythin' less than a BJ beatdown! And he didn't disappoint me on that. Except that the beatdown came in the 4th. I as expecting like a 2nd or 3rd round TKO.

All in all, great night[great day here] of fights!! Still pumped up, and of course excited for UFC 102, 103 and 104!

No comments:

Post a Comment