Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time


All the hype was worth the wait. I guess it would've been better if I've watched this in 2.7D. But even if it was just in plain old 2D, I still enjoyed every single moment of the film.

For one, I feel quite nostalgic just reading the title of the movie. I bore witness, and played the 1st installment of this game waaay back in the day, when PC monitors could handle mostly white and gray colors only. Now it's on Blu-ray! (just kiddin'!)

Another thing that made me enjoy this movie quite a lot was the "parkour-like" moves that Jake Gyllen-ho was pulling off. I mean, just the sight of the young Dastan (Gyllenhaal)jumping off of roofs and walls evoked memories of Banlieu 13 (the ultimate parkour movie).

Now on to the celebrity sightings...

I liked Alfred Molina (one of my personal favorites) and his acting chops. Same thing with Sir Ben K!

I swore that Persia's eldest prince named Tus (Richard Coyle) was played by the same guy who played Eomer (Karl Urban) in Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers. Turns out otherwise, thanks to IMDB.

And oh! I loved Tamina's cleave shot! I knew she was the same girl who played the "girl guide" to Perseus in Clash Of The Titans (the recent one of course). I forget names a lot, but I never forget a face!

And finally, Gyllenho was just bein' Gyllenho...

1 comment:

  1. Hoy ano email address na ginagamit mo sa Blogger? Gawin na kitang team member, i-cross post mo nalang 'yung mga review mo dito hehe.

    ReplyDelete