Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rakista Jam (Goodbye Dayo Bar Gig)


I'm sad to say this, but Dayo bar is now gone with the wind. I really didn't know how to react when Ridz (a.k.a. "Rakista.com Mastermind) texted me about the last gig at Dayo. I mean, Dayo Bar itself evokes a lot of memories from my wasted mind. My first Rakista Jam was here at Dayo. I was fucking devirginized by this bar when it comes to Rakista Jams.

This place was also where I first met most of the online members. We would slug it out in the chat room and stuff. But here inside the bar, we were all friends. All tensions are gone when in this bar.

Well enough of the reminiscing. Let's get it on with the usual stuff...

I arrived at Dayo, dripping in blood, err sweat. Now once inside, my sweat just multiplied exponentially! That's one of Dayo's flaws. The poorly ventilated interior. Man I can't even sometimes stand to hang out in Rozmic's corner (the usual one that they sit at by the back door entrance) even if there's an electric fan blowin' at us. I always tend to stand by the door.

Of course, some familiar faces were once again met, like Mikki, Allan, Bochok (w/Bikwa), Chang, Dixx, Ichie (skipping emceeing duties, hehe!;)), Flare(I forgot her name, but Allan introduced us a long time ago, told 'ya I'm not good at remembering names!), Ridz (who didn't look that busy), Ehmz and her friend Van(who I'm not really close with), JC and Riez, Banban(or something like that, from the Smart Text Clan), Yummy Dingding, "the other guy with the camera(I have a feeling that he's the co-founder of Rakista.com or somethin')", Mac(kod), Tseng (from the MIddle East), Mika (akim) and Tim (Rivermaya sessionist), and many many more(sorry if my memory lapses sometimes)!

And special mention to for we all have witnessed the return of Jay (a.k.a. "brutaljhay"). The only pulutan that I ate during that gig was from him, a pack of cornick named "Karoke" (with a singing bee or something singing in a karaoke, hence, "karoke"). I wonder where Lexxie is, hehehe!

Intolerant rocks!! Sorry, couldn't pass up on that one.

Hopefully, Ridz and company get to find another bar that's just as accessible as Dayo. I will miss that bar so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment