Monday, January 18, 2010

Daybreakers[post-viewing analysis]

Daybreakers. Nightcrawlers. Whatever! These are all just creatures of the night anyway.

I was kinda underwhelmed by the movie Daybreakers, which opened just last week here in this crappy country of ours. Crappy I say because other Southeast Asian countries get the movies first before we get our hands on it. Like Singapore for example. They are more modern and westernized than us, I know, but even though, we're USA's babies! Let Hollywood pass through us first!

I said I was underwhelmed just because I was expecting to be overwhelmed by the film. There was a lot hype surrounding this film. Especially after I read the CNN.com review. But it wasn't what I expected. I guess I was expecting too much. Like all vampires there in the film would move around just like Anne Rice's vampires. That's my only disappointment.

The storyline was pretty intriguing. Who would have thought vampires, who are technically immortal, would mutate into something else if deprived of blood? And who would have thought too that being exposed to the sun and the water would make a vampire a human being once again? Pretty bogus shit if you ask me. But I can't complain. I'm just soaking it all in.

Ethan Hawke looks like he hasn't aged a single day since "Reality Bites". Or "Alive" even! Acting chops are still just as good. But I prefer Willem Dafoe's acting chops in this one. He's so relaxed with his Elvis role, that there's almost no effort when he does it.

I also find Isabel Lucas oh so hot! My girlfriend found her hot too, so her beauty knows no gender boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment