Saturday, April 17, 2010

Date Night (post-movie rant)


This would be an aptly-named title for this kind of movie. I guess that it would also be appropriate if a couple on a date would go and see this.

The Tina Fey-Steve Carell duo was a comedic juggernaut. Top that with a Pineapple Express-like of Mr Triplehorn (James Franco), and you have a concoction of a hilarious cast! The addition of Leighton Meester (as the Fosters’ baby-sitter) and Olivia Munn (1st flick that I’ve seen her in) just added some unnoticeable hotness to the flick.

Tina Fey hasn’t changed at all since her Baby Mama days. It’s just as if you took her out of her 30-Rock filming and filmed straight away for this flick. It’s the glasses I believe that made her look the same, though I love that look. I really like my cougars to look like that, dorky-hot!

There were 2 actors that I was looking out for. Olivia Munn, because of her wacky brand of “hot” from the Attack Of The Show, and of course, James Franco. I had a feeling that he would be just as funny as he was in Pineapple Express when I saw the trailer of him doin’ the Mr. Triplehorn role. My expectations didn’t disappoint. But there was another acting gem that I discovered. It was William Fichtner (Dark Knight, Prison Break, Blades Of Glory). His acting chops were 2nd to none when he played the DA with his ever-present broom.

Mark Wahlberg wasn’t the least bit funny. From what it looks like, he could have very well just played as himself! He really looks like Mark Wahlberg himself in the flick. The only difference is the “minority report”-esque thing that he was doin’ with his computers. I bet my Vans shoes that the real Mark Wahlberg isn’t as techie.

As a whole, the movie is 2 thumbs up for me! It’s not as if it’s critically acclaimed or anything like that. It’s the perfect movie for couples, especially the married ones who are kind of stuck in a rut and need to reignite the heat that was once inside of ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment