Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Clash Of The Titans (post-viewing rant)


This ladies and gentlemen, is Sam Worthington's breakout movie. This officially makes him a Hollywood star! He'll now be under no one else's radar. He'll be right in every producer and director's face from now on. Heck, this might even be the movie that brings him that star in the Hollywood walk of fame. Nah, just kiddin'! He's already a star via Avatar! (hey, that rhymed!)

But in any case, I was satisfied with the movie that I just viewed. This flick reminded me a lot about Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief. Greek gods galore! And I liked the Medusa here in this flick better than the Uma Thurman version in Percy Jackson. It looks more realistic, though it's CGI. I mean, if the Medusa were real, it would look more like the Clash Of the Titans version.

Lots of familiar faces once again. I'm sure I've seen Perseus' foster father in at least 3 flicks before. He was the one who played the lawyer Kobayashi in The Usual Suspects. And I'm sure he was also in one of 'em Jurassic Park flicks.

Then there was that "hot momma"-slash-MILF (Polly walker) character who played Atia of the Julii in that HBO miniseries that was Rome. Here she played the Queen of Argos. Boy she has sure aged a lot with all those additional fine lines. I'm sure botox is not her answer to MILF maintenance.

And then there's Ralph Fiennes, who we all know played the dark lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter Saga. I also have seen him recently in the Hurt Locker flick, thanks to my bro's quick eyes.

That guy who played the King of Argos was also a familiar one. My trained eye tells me that he was the one who played a captain role in King Leonidas' army of 300. He was Astinos' dad, who called out to him before he was beheaded by a Persian.

Then there was King Acrisius (Jason Flemyng) who looked like a friend whom I haven't met for quite sometime. I first saw him as the gypsy guy with Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch, and if I recall correctly, he was Dr.Jekyll in The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Princess Andromeda (Alexa Davalos) is hot hot hot! I consider this movie her rise to hotness. I was pretty sure that I've seen her in one movie or another. Lo and behold, I was right. She appeared in The Chronicles Of Riddick, which was a waste of money when I watched it on the big screen back in '04 or '05 I think.

And of course, last but not the least, Zeus! He's comin' out in the A-Team flick. Can't wait for that shit to get down! I don't need to mention his name ("he who must not be named", hahaha!). but for you giblets not in the know, he was once Qui-Gon Jin. From, "There's pod-racing too in Malastare[or was that spelled Malastair), very fast, very dangerous..." to "Release the Kraken!"

No comments:

Post a Comment