Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine (post-movie rant)


This one had a Back To The Future feel to it. I guess it’s the mom factor. You all remember Marty McFly meeting his mom in the past, right? That’s also what it was when Jacob (John Cusack’s nephew in the movie) met his mom back in 1986.

This movie really was for me. I’m an 80’s dude (well technically I’m a 90’s dude) because I was born in 1982. How 80’s could you get?!? It brought me back to that decade due to the music alone. Poison, Motley Crue, Cutting Crew, New Order, and especially that “♪Push it…♫” music. Man David Bowie was still the one doin’ the MTV advertisements! I was just wondering if there was already a Super Mario Bros. video game back in ’86. As far as I know, I was only 4 years old and it was just Ataris back then.

I also singled out some familiar faces. I know for sure that the one-armed bellboy villain in the 1st Charlie’s Angels installment. And I knew that it was Chevy Chase who was playing the hot tub repairman! That face already has a Hollywood template in my primitive mind.

I give this a 3 ½ stars out of a five due to the fact that I’m an 80’s kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment