Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rakrakan Series XXII (post-gig afterthoughts)


I actually didn't finish this gig all the way(I only wanted to check Wilabaliw out), but it felt like I didn't miss a thing. I wasn't on time, but I still managed to watch a lot of bands!

The first band I witnessed on stage when I got there was this band from Cavite named Balatek. My ex-girlfriend Eka told me tales about how "manyak" one of Balatek's band members were. Imagine that dude askin' Eka out to a motel or something. Well that's how Eka puts it. In any case, Balaek had a heavy sound, which was consolation enough.

Second band was Franco. Of course, they rocked again because of their all-star line up.

Arcadia was the 3rd band that I witnessed. I actually forgot how they sounded.

The Chongkeys as usual, delivered the goods. With Eagle Man this time. I believe it was the 2nd time I've seen that guy, dancing in his boxers and shit.

Saydie was there again. Honestly, I don't know a single song, but their vocalist(I believe her name's Kat Taylor or somethin') can really belt it out!

Paramita played when the crowd was sort of thinning and some rocker kids were already sleepy. And they didn't give me the CD that I deserve because I came from afar, ever farther than the kids that got the CD who came from Las Pinas, which is just a stone's throw away compared to where I came from(Cainta).

Slapshock was playing when we(Melody, Mica and Ryan) went out to Andok's to eat some grub. The bouncers weren't gonna let us re-enter the venue(because of the stupid policy that once you're in, there's no going out) but thanks to my savvy sales-talk, we got in again.

Typecast once again played their own brand of emo. But I guess since it's a new decade, emo is gonna be out of style pretty soon.

Kwjan was ready to rumble that night. It's very rare that I get to watch schoolmate Marc Abaya and gang play. And I was also kinda' shocked because it was Wendell(former BArbie's Cradle and current Pupil drummer) and not J-Hoon who was doin' the drumming chores for the band. Either way, both are top-tier drummers so it makes no difference. I just like J-Hoon's "techno" drumming style more than Wendell's and Vic's.

The last band that I witnessed was the band that I was waiting for. Wilabaliw was the shizzlenit! Ian was kinda' cool. I fuckin' didn't know that Ian's Keso bandmates were Ryan's long time friends! If I knew, then I'd always be backstage right?!? Well anyway, Ian's kinda' cool. I verified if Keso was already disbanded. He said don't believe anything that I hear from others. I should get the scoop straight from the man himself!

Anyway, there I was on stage watching Wilabaliw, when the bassist's strap suddenly snapped so he was suddenly kneeling while playing. Then some dude told me to go get some help and find a strap. I just looked away, thinkin', "Why the fuck don't you go get it yourself?!"(Bat 'di nalang ikaw kumuha kaya?).

That's my Rakrakan Series XXII experience. Hope to see you guys again on the next rakrakan series. Special thanks to Bong, The Neils, Andren, Mac(od) for taking care of me. You know, the bag and ice and everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment