Monday, December 21, 2009

Avatar 3D[post-viewing analysis]

As I quote someone named GPA, "Avatar is the new Matrix!".

Well i say 2 things:

-"Blue is the new hot!"
-"Humans are the new aliens!"

You'd get what i mean when you watch this James Cameron flick...

I really was blown away[really sounds cliche] by this film. A big factor about this gettin' blown away thing was the fact that this was my first3D movie viewing experience! I was fockin' overwhelmed! Throw in the fact that I was quite smashed by hash, things were suddenly a lot trippier!

The 3D glasses too were a little new to me for I was used to the traditional 3D glasses. You know, one with the blue lens, the other one with the red lens. This one was all clear! No colors whatsoever. Well, a little gray for me.

I initially thought that the only time we would were the 3D glasses was when the film was already rollin'. So when I entered the theater and it was showing the trailers, I was gettin' visuals on the silver screen that were suddenly fuzzying on the edges once in a while. I couldn't also comprehend the colors shown in front of me.

I thought it was just the hash, but I started thinkin' about wearing the glasses. Maybe they would have a nicer effect on the movin' pictures[man what an old school term to use]. Lo and behold! There was the pristine vision of backgrounds and foregrounds intertwining with each other. The figures on the screen were literally popping out!

The subtitles for the Omaticaya language were popping out of the screen too! And so were the insects livin' in Pandora. It seemed like you could trap them with the palm of your hand!

Well, all I can say about this experience extraordinaire is that "3D is the new HD!'

No comments:

Post a Comment