Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Love You Phillip Morris (post-viewing rant)


The 1st time that I saw the movie poster for I Love You Phillip Morris, I thought that at last I was gonna see Jim Carrey again in a comedy flick. How wrong I was. Yes it was funny, but it was laced with a li'l drama.

Who would've thought that this shit really happened?! It really did. It was based on a book which I guess was based on a true story.

The story sorta' revolved around prison. I could've watched Prison Break and swear that it was the same thing. Kiddin' aside, I just wanna point out that a lot of factors pointed to prison. Steven J. Russell always used to escape from prison. He was even a cop once, so he knows how prison is like and he doesn't want to be there. Steven met Phillip Morris in prison. And it was all history from then on.

The drama factor here was the aids thing. You see, Steven contracted aids, or so it seemed. And I could easily see how effortless it was for Jim Carrey to cry. He really is a great actor! Same thing with Ewan. He looks young compared to Carrey, but he has already paid his dues IMO for the work he had done for Trainspotting. Right there, I knew Ewan was something special. And he was.

I just felt a li'l cheated after this flick. All the while, I thought it was just a brand new flick. When I checked it out on Wikipedia, it was dated 2009. Fuckin' late movie industry peeps! Or whoever it is in charge of bringing the foreign movies here. Fuck you!

No comments:

Post a Comment