Thursday, March 11, 2010

82nd Academy Awards


I knew that Hurt Locker was a lock(no pun intended) for the ultimate academy award because of all the hype surrounding it. It was all over the net. Hurt Locker VS Avatar. David VS Goliath. James Cameron VS ex-wife. Whatever match-up you wanna make of it.

I honestly hadn't watched the Oscars to know enough. But I've been to enough websites to know the scoop.

Good thing for Sandra Bullock to win best actress while bein' nominated for the first time. She was also the 1st actress to win best actress for the Oscars, and at the same time win worst actress for the Razzies in the same year.

Kathryn Bigelow's award(or awards) was a slap to the face of James Cameron. I guess the academy doesn't appreciate the likes of Cameron and Tarantino. Also, too bad for Cameron that he ain't gettin' to bang Bigelow nowadays. His current wife Suzy Amis just doesn't cut it.

Too bad as well for The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus, my new favorite movie, for it didn't get to snag any awards. I would've easily pegged that for best makeup or costume or somethin'

No comments:

Post a Comment