Saturday, March 27, 2010

How To Train Your Eye If A Flick's In Real D 3D Or Not (A How To Train Your Dragon Afterthought Rant)


As someone said to me earlier, How To Train Your Dragon 3D is more 3D than Alice In Wonderland 3D. How true those words were.

If a 3D flick makes me involuntarily move my head as a reflex action or something, then that's the real deal for me. Or if your reaction seems like what you see on the big screen is part of the real world (like thinking that the cinema's roof is crumbling, but it's just a piece of falling ash after the "dragon-boss crash scene" wherein Hiccup's dad was worriedly looking for him), then that is the shizzlenit!

I easily recognized Gerard Butler's voice, as the village chieftain. I don't know if that's the only accent he can do, but I believe he better learn American English (if he doesn't know how to yet) if he wants to stay in the industry.

Jonah Hill's voice was easily recognized by me as well. I instantly thought, "Hey, ain't this the fat guy from Superbad?". I also learned later from a superior co-movie junkie that it was that guy that played McLovin'. I can't wait for his part in Kick-Ass! Saw the trailer, funny shit!

All I can do for now is confirm that HHTYD was indeed "3D-ier than Alice In Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment