Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice in Wonderland 3D(afterthoughts)


All in all, I enjoyed this flick(like most of 'em). I ain't the Russian judge to give a failing grade to movies. Except of course if the movie is really a crappy one. I know it when I see it.

Wonderland isn't quite like inside the Imaginarium(there I go again with Dr. Parnassus' mind). But it still has a psychedelic feel to it. The Caterpillar was like The Oracle in The Matrix. It was sssssmokin'!! Well of course it gave out advice too.

I love The Cheshire Cat's grin. It was a smooth operator when it does its scenes. Slipping in and out like smoke! Pretty cool for a smiling cat!

Helena Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp really executed their scenes to perfection as The Red Queen and The Mad Hatter respectively. I also learned somethin' earlier, let me tell you. The Mad Hatter's name in Lewis Carroll's book was just "The Hatter". But the Cheshire cat warned Alice that the Hatter is mad, and his eccentric behavior shows this madness.

I also like how The Red Queen referred to the Jabberwocky as her "Jabber-baby-wocky". That made me giggle a li'l bit. And if you noticed, Alice was walking on the faces of the Jabbawockeez as she used them as stepping stones to cross this body of water.

I can't criticize Anne Hathway's performance here. She was so regal and grand that I forgot she was Anne Hathaway, the same Hathaway in Princess Diaries. Man she grew up!

As for Mia Wasikowska, at first I didn't like her. Or rather, she wasn't my type. But she's what I would call the "traitor" type. She'll pass you by first then stab you in the back! What I meant was that I didn't find her appealing, but as the movie progessed, I was finding her kinda cute.


Nonsense:

-I noticed that the person who played Julius Caesar's mom in the HBO original Rome was also the same person that played Alice's mom.

-I found Tweedledee and Tweedledum kinda cute, but I kinda abhorred them when I was a kid in the Disney version.

-Absolem must've smoked weed in his hookah to say boatloads of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment