Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rakista Jam 14 a.k.a. “The Pre-Launch Gig of Rakista.com Version 3.0”


Last night was a hot summer night. It was supposed to be airconditioned in Dayo Bar, but all the windows and doors were open. Hence the stuffy atmosphere.

Lots of old friends and known peepz were spotted. Allan (a.k.a. “Nikeboy”), Neil (a.k.a. “Wasted”), Zep (The Man), Rozmic (a.k.a. “Turk”) and his girlfriend Claire, his brother Sulayman and his girlfriend “Bikwa”, Dong (a.k.a. “Pintadoz”), Mellow, Nikki (a.k.a. Dominique, alyas Cinematic Sunrise), Rache (a.k.a. “Sexyamber”), Kristine (a.k.a. “Edlie”), this old guy with long hair who loves Pink Floyd(I think he’ “Bakal na si Pedro” or something, I can’t remember, must be a different person), Jacob (a.k.a.”Hakobo”), Ichie and Dixx (the hosts for the night), Charles (a.k.a. “Tsarles”), Anne (a.k.a. “Annestar”), Bob (a.k.a. “Skullnell/Joker666”), Jade (a.k.a. “Cheech and Chong”), Ridz (a.k.a. “Harold”, who looked busy as usual), Riez Za( I dunno about the “Za” part), Yummy Dingding (yes, that’s her real name), Gan (a.k.a. “Reagan”, who cropped his hair short), Mica my girl friend of course (a.k.a. “Akim”), and a whole lot more that I forgot to mention I guess.

I almost got caught by a police mobile unit because I was driving the opposite direction on a one-way street. This one way bullshit has already happened to me thrice in 2 nights. The other night at Barangay San Antonio, along Shaw Blvd, and last night on that Dayo Bar Road and somewhere along Plaza Miranda, Quiapo, when I was about to drop Mica off at her house.

2 bands caught my eye (or should I say ear). Well actually, one was the eye, the other was the ear. The band that caught my ear was this band named Tubero. Man the vocalist’s voice had no voice! It’s just like a voice that you can hear in a perya or karnabal. Or a barker’s voice that says “Ah Cubao! Cubao!” It just proves that anybody with a voice, any voice for that matter, no matter how crappy it sounds, can sing in a punk rock band. They kept singing about masturbation (“Jakol, jakol, jakol…”), jerks and douchebags (“Kupal, kupal, kupal, kupal…”), sex (“kantot, kantot, kantot…”), women with no undies (“Walang panty, walang panty”), emos (“Emotel, emotel, emotel mo na!”), and other rubbish! It was fun! I even cursed at them by shouting “Putangina niyo”, just like a true punk rocker!

The other band that caught my eye (well they already caught my ear during the UP Fair) was Even. They were progressive sounding as always. But what caught my attention was the DJ that was doing the mixes. I just liked watching him at work, tinkering with his 2 laptops and other gadgets.

Good thing I came home safe. I almost fell asleep ‘cuz of drunkenness while driving hime. Nikki should’ve accompanied me on the way home because as soon as Mica was gone, I had no one to talk to. Now I ain’t crazy enough to talk to myself, but that’s what I almost did, just to be alive. I actually dozed off for like a second. I guess god still wants me to live.

All in all, great Rakista jam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment