Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Hurt Locker(afterthoughts)


Hurt Locker was the shiznit! I ain't saying that it's righteous enough to beat Avatar for the best picture of 2009. But it's a safe thing to say that it was just as good as Avatar, or something to that effect.

So far, it's in the upper echelon of all the war movies, documentaries, and mini-serieses(I forgot the plural of the word "series, if there was such a thing) made, if not the best. The reason is that I love some war movies too, like Full Metal Jacket, Jarhead, and Tropic Thunder(I was JK right there). The camera shots were pretty unconventional, and realistic, It catches the very essence of the Baghdad war zone.

The paranoia that I felt while watching this masterpiece was gripping like a condom. It's more suspenseful than any horror movie that I've seen. I felt a lot of tension, and my adrenal glands produced a lot of adrenaline while waiting for the next explosion. I was literally on the edge of my seat almost all the time. It was that intense!

I hate terrorists! Man I hate 'em! But this flick made me hate 'em even more! The Americans wouldn't have waged this stupid war in the first place, if it wasn't for Al-Qaeda and its terrorist cell offshoots. Thousands of lives are being wasted, and even innocent civilians are being slaughtered due to some twisted radicals that have crookedly bent Islam's good teachings. I just pity their stupidity.

All in all, I give this flick 5 out of 5 bombs!

No comments:

Post a Comment