Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pacquiao VS Clottey - "The Event"(afterthoughts)


First off, I would like to say that the undercard sucks dick!! Bob Arum once again relied on the star power of the main event to lift the shitty undercards! He's always been one for cutting costs and maximizing profits! If it wasn't for Pac, this production is nothing! That's why Arum puts up these ghastly cards. A lot of PPV buyers are brainwashed enough to even think that this fight would be competitive. Other hardcore boxing fans would buy it just for the sake of boxing. In any case, this keeps Bob Arum's money-making machine chugging for the rest of the year.

First fight was the John Duddy Vs Michael Medina bout. Honestly, does anyone give a fuck? I mean, this fight, whatever results it produces, won't do anything to shake up the current state of the division. What's more, I had to sit through all the boring rounds(actually, I had to get off the tube once in a while for it was really boring)just to see Duddy win via split decision. Was it that competitive?! Beer drinking contests are more competitive IMO.

Next stop was the Alfonso Gomez vs. Jose Luis Castillo bout, a fourth-tier clash that turned no heads. I am still wondering how Boxrec ranks Gomez at number 11. Rankings are shit I say! As Boxing Tribune says, Castillo is shot and Gomez is shit! 'Nuff said!

I also predicted that Humberto Soto would defeat the uber-durable David Diaz. Diaz actually had the right game-plan when he was pushing the pace against Soto. But he was waaaay behind the judges' scorecards 'coz of the knockdowns he received from Humberto.

As you can clearly see, these shitty undercards aren't worthy to be played on the big stage to begin with. But I would just be repeating myself if I would type any further, so just look back at the first paragraph.

Now for the finale, I was impressed, and at the same time, unimpressed. It's rare for me to have mixed emotions. For the impressed part, I was expecting the fight to end at 8 rounds or under. The Akon look-alike was really a tough mofo. Not a single scratch on his stone-face. Really an amazing feat if you try and look at Pacquiao's past opponents(see Cotto and Dela Hoya). Unimpressed because I was expecting Clottey to be Pac's biggest threat yet. But the fucker didn't throw any bombs up until round 10.

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with turtling up for 9 rounds?!? Everything! He should be the all-out aggressor because he's got nothing to lose against Pac. Pac will be the one falling from grace if he lost yesterday. But Pac was taking it to him all night(or all morning-afternoon here)! With all those body, kidney and liver shots, Clottey would be pissin' blood in the morning!

Now for some positivity amidst all this ranting, it's really unbelievable how Pac showed that he was too good for any welterweight out there. I say it is time for Pac and Money to rrrrumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment