Sunday, February 14, 2010

Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief[afterthoughts]

This was 1 movie that I've waited for for like months. I've seen the trailer, and I knew it was good. And the movie did deliver! That's because I liked it! I don't give a shit about reviews! My opinion is absolute!

I just noticed that the Greek god Athena was also played by a person of Greek descent. She's the lead lady from C.S.I. New York. As far as I know, she had a Greek last name.

Joe Pantoliano played the jerk stepfather of Percy Jackson(Logan Lerman, who kinda' looked like Zac Effron), and he was one helluva jerk like Cypher in his The Matrix role. His name in the Percy Jackson movie was kinda' funny too. It sounded Italian as well. Gabe Ugliano or somethin'.

Kevin McKidd's work in the HBO series Rome has finally paid him dividends. He's now getting breaks in his Hollywood roles, such as in this movie, where he plays Poseidon. But I still think his Rome counterpart Ray Stevenson has iller acting chops. McKidd usually sounds robotic and predictable.

Pierce Brosnan on the other hand, just sounded cool and smooth in his role as a centaur. You kinda' wouldn't even notice that he was there in the movie.

As for the gal that played Athena's daughter(Alexandra Daddario), man she was the bomb! If Zooey Deschanel's eyes are black holes, then Alexandra's are blue, or aquamarine holes!

The last, but not the least one who deserves some recognition is that dude who played Alpha Chino in Tropic Thunder(Brandon T. Jackson). He's the comic reliever from all that hectic adventuring! That lotus flower drug in one of 'em Strip hotels really had Brandon laughing in a funny way. As if he was really peaking on acid, or some other recreational drug.

My advice to moviegoers is, if you don't want to watch The Wolfman, watch this instead. It's not worth it watching Valentine's Day IMO. That's a solid DVD movie right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment