Monday, February 1, 2010

The Vampire's Assistant[post-movie analysis]

I had fun watching John Reilly bein' a vampire. It was kinda ironic that a funny guy like him would play a dark character like a vampire.

Willem Dafoe, I would understand. He already played the role of the Green Goblin, and a villain in Speed 2, so bein' a sinister character ain't new to him. The impressive thing was that both of 'em managed to pull off bein' funny vampires.

A lot of familiar faces also popped up in the movie. Like that young journalist from the movie Almost Famous. He played the reptile freak who was a one-man band called Serpentine. I believe there's a band in real life that goes by the same name. I dunno. Too lazy to google it up.

Another was Jane Krakowski[or whatever her first name was]. She's from the TV show 30 Rock[one of my personal favorites 'coz of Tracy Morgan and baby-momma Tina Fey]. She was also a freak there who could regenerate her limbs.

Ray Stevenson was also there. For those not in the know, he played Titus in the HBO series Rome[the show which turned me into a pagan].

There seems to be a 2nd installment to the film because it seems kinda cut short in the end. If you know what I mean. Like the endings of Star Wars Attack Of The Clones and LOTR Two Towers. As it is, I'm just excited to have watched the film verwsion of Cirque Du Freak, though I haven't read it yet. Somebody please lend me the book! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Would you like to write for Da Couch Tomato? Hehe. Mas madalas ka kasi manood ng sine sa akin e.

    Or pwede pa-syndicate nalang ng movie reviews mo? Hehe. Ika-copy paste mo nalang ang mga lumalabas dito. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sige, either or. Gamer mate! Teka, di pa ata naten napapanood ang Gamer ah, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete