Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Wolfman[afterthoughs]

A great werewolf movie! What a werewolf movie should be. Not like Teen Wolf or An American Werewolf In Paris or somethin'.

Danny Elfman's great control of sound made me jump outta' my seat quite a few times. I mean, I was literally semi-screamin' or gasping everytime a sudden gory, violent scene takes place. Lots of blood in this flick! I thought I saw a pancreas or liver being flung in the air.

The main characters, or should I say, "mainies", wera a heavy, werewolfy pair. As usual, Anthony Hopkins spittin' out his calm, fatherly lines. And Benicio Del Toro showed how deranged and psycho he could be, especially in that asylum scene.

hugo Weaving did a good job portraying a Scotland-yard detective. Though he could've thickened his English accent just a wee bit more. But i still love how at times he eloquently plays with huge, dictionaric(this word I just made up) and mixes them with his lines, makin' him sound like Agent Smith of The Matrix.

The appearance of the lycans here shows good handiwork in both make-up artistry and CGI, or whatever effects these Hollywood production editors are usin'. These wolves should have been how the New Moon werewolves looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment