Monday, February 22, 2010

UFC 110[afterthoughts]

Am I the Nostradamus of MMA or what? All of my main card picks are spot on! Except of course for the Crocop fight. Big Ben Rothwell pulled out the last minute due to some frickin' injury, so he had to be replaced by fellow Croat Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh.

Crocop looks just like a shell ofhis former self. He's a ghost in the shell! If this version of Crocop showed up against Ben Rothwell, Big Ben would just smother Crocop! But I guess Crocop is just showing some mercy to Perosh because he is a can, as well as a late replacement. Poor bloody Perosh.

Now I wasn't impressed by Jardine's performance. I expected him to have his back against the wall and fight to the death. One more loss, and he's gonna get the pink slip from Zuffa. But I did pick Ryan "Darth" Bader to win against him anyway, so his loss was already predicted by me. I think Bader is ready for the upper echelon of the LHW division.

George Sotiropoulos didn't really impress me because I already predicted that he was goin' to win against Joe "Daddy" Stevenson. I really hate how Joe Daddy smirks and bounces while on his way to the octagon. Good for him George enrolled him in a submission clinic. George's subs are slicker, and more varied, as compared to Joe Daddy's only ammo, the guillotine. That's all the fucker knows. And him training in Greg Jackson's camp don't mean shit!

Once again, I'm glad that Bisping lost. And he lost to one of the sport's legends too, Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva. Michael "The Count" Bisping's cockiness was his downfall. That just fired Wanderlei up. I actually was expecting The Count to get dropped way earlier than the dying seconds of the 3rd round. But that's the way some fights go. The distance!

As for the Cain Velasquez-Minotauro Nogueira fight, I also wasn't surprised of the outcome. Nogueira is tough, but Cain is the real deal! The kid has power. He sent Minotauro into a comatose! I mean, I've never seen Minotauro stopped like that. He was stopped before by Frank Mir, yes. But that's with a nasty, internal staph infection. This version of Nogueira was just shot! I guess that's what years of taking power shots does to your chin. It turns it into glass!

Hopefully I go 5/5 again in the next UFC event.

No comments:

Post a Comment